When you're in a relationship with someone, certain conversations become accessible that would have never been an option if you weren't in one. Having romantic and intimate talks with your partner can be both fun and informative. It can help strengthen your bond, as you and your partner will speak of things that don't typically come up in platonic relationships. It can also enhance your love life, teach you about your partner's thoughts, and increase the level of overall intimacy within your relationship.
TIP: Read hundreds of intimate questions you can ask your girlfriend or boyfriend
The depth of any romantic connection is defined by how well you and your partner know the inner workings of each other's minds: those central thoughts that stay locked away from everyone except for one's self. The following is a group of intimate questions to ask of your partner. In conversations like these, unpleasant memories and feelings are bound to arise from time to time, so remember to treat the questions with delicacy and consideration.$ROMANCE-TIPS-OPTIN$
1) If all of life's constraints were eliminated, what would you want to do every day?
2) How long do you see our relationship lasting?
3) How important is marriage to you? How important are children and family? Do you have a personal timeline set for such things?
4) How would you like for your life to change in the next five years? Do you see me as a part of this change?
5) What about me stands out the most to you?
6) Do you have needs in your life that are not being met? What can I do to help with those needs?
7) Would you remain with me if you discovered that I couldn't bear children? If I had a criminal record? If I had a lot of debt? If I had a terminal disease?
8) Would you stay with me if I were in an accident that scarred my appearance for life?
9) Have I ever hurt you in any way that you haven't told me about?
10) What thoughts make you unhappy?
11) What could I do that would make you believe that I love you?
12) What could I do that would make you love me more?
13) Have you ever questioned the existence of love?
14) Is there a point in your past that you regret more than anything else?
15) Do you ever dwell on past occurrences? Would you like to erase certain memories from your mind?
16) Do you feel as though you could tell me anything?
17) Do you still have feelings for someone from your past?
18) Why were you initially attracted to me?
19) How important is physical attraction to you?
20) Would you be hurt if I had still had feelings for someone from my past?
21) When did you have your first kiss?
22) When did you lose your virginity? How did it happen?
23) How many people have you slept with?
24) Have you ever cheated in a relationship? Why? What were the circumstances? If not, how close have you come to doing so?
25) Do you ever have dreams about sex? What specifically?
26) What do you fantasize about? Is there any particular fantasy that you'd like to make a reality? How would you feel about role playing?
27) How would you define a good sexual relationship?
28) Do you masturbate? How often?
29) Would you be hurt if I masturbated, fantasizing about other people? What if I only masturbated fantasizing about you?
30) In an ideal intimate relationship, how often would you have sex?
31) How do you feel about the merits of pornography?
32) How was your parents' marriage? Would you have considered theirs a good relationship?
33) What about me would you change?
34) What would you change about yourself?
35) How would you define love?
36) When you talk about me to others, what do you say?
37) When I talk about you to others, what would you like for me to say?
38) What moment in your past would you like to return to? Why?
39) In which of your past relationships were you the happiest? Why did that relationship end?
40) When a conflict arises, how do you react?
41) What would you consider the greatest obstacle you've ever had to face? How did you overcome it?
42) What would you consider your greatest accomplishment in life? What would you like to be the greatest accomplishment of your entire life?
43) What moment in your past would you most like to forget?
44) Do you have nightmares? What happens in them?
45) Have you forgiven yourself for your wrongdoings?
46) Do you believe in a power greater than humanity? How do you incorporate this belief, or lack thereof, into your life?
47) Do you ever wish to escape reality? Do you have a way of doing so?
48) What do you most want to tell me?
49) Have you ever loved anyone more than you love me? Can you see that changing?
50) Is there anything particular that you don't know about me but would like to know?
When asking these questions always listen closely to the answer and respond accordingly. Intimate questions are meant to incite meaningful conversations, not just give you true or false type knowledge about your partner. The questions are just a gateway into the powerful communication which can serve to bond you and your partner in such a way that the two of you are forever intertwined. Love often begins simply with attraction, mutual interests, and a shared sense of enjoyment which allows two people to be happy in each other's company, but love grows through conversation. When you tell someone things about yourself that you've never told anyone, you make yourself vulnerable. Trusting someone wholly with this vulnerability is true love.